XNAPS soil DNA flexspin kit offers a fast, simple, and efficient method for isolating total nucleic acid or total DNA from flexible amounts of soil samples, such as compost, sediment, and manure. The modified 2-step enzymatic lysis procedure can lyze efficiently all types of microorganisms in the soil samples, including bacteria, fungi, algae, actinomycetes, and microparasite. The released nucleic acid binds specifically with the resin in aqueous environment. Impurities are washed away by batch and column washing, high quality nucleic acid is eluted by pure water. This novel procedure overcomes many disadvantages, such as time-consuming, toxic components, low yield, from other commercial kits.
The purified genomic DNA is immediately ready to use in various downstream applications, such as PCR, restriction enzyme digestion, sequencing.
1. Flexibility: The processing can be scaled up or down according starting samples
2. Efficiency: Very little amount of DNA can be extracted successfully.
3. Rapidity: All the processing steps can be completed within 20 minutes.
4. High yield and purity: Ratio of OD260/OD280 between 1.8-2.0 can be reached.
5. Safety for handling, shipping and storage: No phenol extraction, no ethanol precipitation, no toxic chaotropic salt are necessary.