XNAPS plant DNA flexspin kit provides a fast, simple, and efficient method to isolate total DNA from up to 100mg of plant tissues, such as from leaves, roots, seeds, or fruits. The system combines a modified lysis procedure with an innovative chromatographic absorbent resin which preferentially binds DNA with high capacity. The novel procedure provided by the kit eliminates many disadvantages, such as time-consuming methods, toxic components, low yield, as compared to other commercial kits.
The purified DNA is immediately ready to use in various downstream applications, such as PCR, restriction enzyme digestion, southern blotting, and sequencing.
1. Rapidity: All the processing steps can be completed within 30 minutes.
2. Efficient purification of total DNA from all sources of plant samples.
3. High yield and purity: Up to 50 ¦Ìg of DNA with OD260/OD280 between 1.8-2.0 can be extracted from 100mg of samples.
4. Safety for handling, shipping and storage: No phenol extraction, no ethanol precipitation, no toxic chaotropic salts.
5. No RNA contamination. The purified DNA is ready for downstream applications, such as PCR, enzyme digestion, or southern blotting.